Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The best Smile - CSI 229

Hi there, we had a quiet weekend and I spent Saturday in my scrap studio.  I played along with the latest CSI case file and used a photo of Stefan and Bianca.  You would have noticed that my daughter doesn't feature on many photos...she hates having her photo taken and I have to frequently scold her because her son needs to see her on photos alone and with him.  Here is the page I made:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit Exclusives, One Canoe Two (Hazelwood), Paige Evans, Studio Calico; Cardstock:  American Craft, American Craft Velum; Wood Veneer:  Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Butttons; Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Die cuts: Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Puffy Stickers: Cocoa Vanilla; Frame: Simple Stories; Embroidery Floss; DMC;  Mist: Prima Color Bloom (Summer Sky); Stencil: The Crafters Workship; Other: Silhouette Cameo (Sun, Title)

This is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All 5 colors used.

Evidence:  Plain cardstock, stripes, lemon, cloud, sun, banner, bike, arrows, puffy stickers.

Testimony:  I used "Smile"as my title and the wood veneer arrow says "Sweet",  My journaling is as follows:  "Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show it's face and smile back at you" - Anna Lee.

Here is some close ups:
 The word puffy stickers are from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and I cut the title with the Cameo and then hand stitched around it.

 I layered some banners and added a frame and a bicycle to it for the bottom cluster.

 My journaling.

 I love he effect of the embellishing on the white space of the photo and how could a random lemon be a better fit?

 I used a crafters workshop stencil to break the white background and cut the sun with the Cameo and ten stitched around it.

The cloud die cuts and wood veneer is by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

My usual style is to mat my photo on white and a contrasting cardstock and then add fun foam to the back before adhering it to the patterned paper stack.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I hope you play along with this CSI challenge.♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun take on the script. A very HAPPY page.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I am loving the colors, the photo and that stitching!! And HAPPY that you are getting her to take more photos with her in them! You know that is soooooo important to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Lynette...that is such a pretty layout. It's lovely. I love the soft colour of the checkered paper and how the title stands out against it. How neat is that stitching around the word "Smile". The blue stenciled lines seem to radiate from the photo. Love the sun in the sky. Love everything about this page. TFS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous page of Mother and Son and good to hear you are encouraging her to be in more photos. I can related to her reluctance, but have come to appreciate that it's so important. Love the colours and your trade mark stitching. The little bike is perfect on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful setting for a gorgeous photo. I don't know why your daughter doesn't like having her photo taken because she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely photo! I'm sure they will both appreciate it.
    And I love the title! so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo and page. Love your stitching and all the sweet details sprinkled throughout the page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How patient you must be doing all that irresistibly cute stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥